June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Here's a glimpse of our day:  Homemade shirts, lunch at Cosi, Toy Story 3, Slinky -the Toy Story dog- for KJ, Steak and baked potatoes, for Chris, and a very happy family for me.



KJ made an "I ((heart)) My Dad" and "I ((heart)) My Daughter" shirt for herself and her daddy to wear today.  :)  Her shirt was supposed to say "Daddy" -but I bought the last two packs of the iron letter, in the desired font, that the store had.  :(  She used a black Crayola Fabric Marker to draw the hearts on.  Beautiful hearts, if you ask me! :)
*I wish it didn't bug me that they aren't centered between the letters...  Chris was pleased when she handed him his shirt.  But his face LIT UP when he saw that she had a coordinating shirt!!  :D  That moment was priceless.  (and of course, I didn't get a picture because we were rushing off to go see Toy Story 3 with our parents -bummer for not catching his reaction on camera.)




KJ and Chris, waiting for the movie to start.

KJ looks super tiny in this pic.  She's lost in her shirt.  She insisted in having a hot pink shirt and they only had it in a Youth 6/7 when she still wears a Youth 4/5.  So, you'll probably see this shirt again for the next two years!  hee hee
*if you are planning on seeing this movie, I would suggest saving the extra $$$ and skip watching it in 3D.  It wasn't anything fancy at all.  We were waiting for something to jump out at us . . . but nothing.  We all loved the movie (ages ranging between 5 and 65+) but we could have saved a nice penny skipping the 3D show.




Oh, how I love these two!  They wore their shirts proudly.  I think they are super adorable.  I told KJ that we should make shirts more often (however, now thinking about it, we didn't actually "make" the shirts . . . I should say design or decorate, huh?!)



Me and my daddy. :)
(and KJ, of course)












How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment