I keep saying "pregnancy ultrasound" because I have had so many "non-pregnancy" related ultrasounds —so I just want to be very clear about it. hee hee ;)
Last night, we were looking online at some really cute "Big Sister", "I'm going to be a big sister", and "Only Child —Expires [due date]" shirts. We had planned on buying one and gifting it to KJ this Friday, as long as the ultrasound showed happy results. We looked on Etsy and found some great ones . . . I got all emotional! lol. I just couldn't help it! The thought of KJ opening up an unexpected present and then seeing, and reading, one of those shirts was too much for my emotions. However, after realizing that, first, we don't know for sure if we are correct on the estimated due date of July, and, second, what if we jump too soon and then get stuck with a shirt that says "July 2013" —and not get the news we are praying for on Friday...? I know that I am "supposed" to be thinking positive, but I am also trying to stay very realistic. I don't want to get my hopes and excitement up too high only to then have to gather emotions and deal with the complete opposite. I'd rather just wait before getting 100% excited and ready to celebrate. You know?
So, we decided on another great "suprise" gift for KJ, after we see what the ultrasound shows.
Lately, my emotions have been everywhere! I don't like not feeling in control of my emotions. I'll feel real sad, depressed, frustrated, irritated, anxious, etc., for no specific reason. Now, when I feel full of joy and happiness, I know there's a very specific reason ;). I have been doing my best to keep my emotions calm and comfortable to be around (lol). I'm not too sure how well I'm doing...
- Nausea still just comes and goes —mostly right after I eat.
- (embarrassing symptoms: gas... too much! lol and I'm no longer "regular" and I don't like it!)
- I no longer fit into my undies comfortably —along with my clothes :( but I'm too hesitant to wear maternity clothes right now. I'd feel so silly. (I've gone up about 2-3 sizes, all in about two weeks! :( I don't think it's OHSS because I don't fit any of the symptoms, but the extreme bloating is ridiculous!) But I'm sure I look pretty goofy trying to stretch my clothes out the way I have been. haha So... I prefer to just hide out at home, inside. *hm, maybe that has a lot to do with my low moods?! lol. I'm just now piecing this together.*
- Endo pain creeps in throughout the day and night if I put too much pressure on my belly (bending, laying, sitting, stretching out too much, etc).
- Most confusing changes right now is a perfect tie between my taste being way "off", things just don't taste the same right now (jalapenos, my favorite did NOT taste right yesterday and even smelled like lettuce instead of spicy! lol. Menudo used to be something I really enjoyed and now I can't stand it! :( Oh, and I really don't like peanut butter right now —which is just NOT normal for me... I used to love peanut butter. How sad.), and being sleepy all day but not being able to fall asleep at night... I just don't understand these changes.
Chris and I have really come even closer together. I really didn't think that was even possible right now. We've been in such a great place in our marriage —I had no idea it could just keep getting better and better. Praise God!! **But we definitely aren't perfect. Since my moods are everywhere, there have definitely been some moments of frustration, or losing our "cool", over silly things. But the fact that things get resolved very quickly and we still feel all giddy and in love —that's the GREATness I'm thankful for. Sorry if it's too corny . . .wait, nope, I'm not really sorry. I LOVE being corny and in love with my husband!! :)
We are currently taking a poll on our Life Happens facebook page, asking what you think we will see on our first ultrasound, this Friday, November 9th: One baby? Twins? Triplets? or even More? (wow) Remember, it's all in fun; so stop by and place your vote!