June 2, 2009

Endo Info

I found this very informative...

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in November 2008. I've been suffering with the pains and side effects since at least 2001, that I can clearly remember. I get a lot of questions here and there about it. I know most people (not anyone in particular but 'most' as in the people that see me in pain and ask "what's wrong?" and the only reply that is simple enough is "my stomach hurts") don't understand what I mean when I say "my stomach hurts". I, at times, find it frustrating and isolating . . . I wish it was just as simple as a "stomach ache", but unfortunately it is much more than just that.

I found this info/link on a support group site and thought to share for anyone interested in more info on it...

http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp013.cfm



**I do know I'm not alone on this -as unfortunate as it is (to know others go through the same, and some worse)... I pulled this info from a reply on this comment:

" Hi, I have been diagnosed with endo for about 4 years now, I have just come out of hospital after having yet another laparoscopy. One of the things I find hardest about this awful disease (apart from the excrutiating pain!) is how to make friends and family understand it! I often find myself when I'm in the middle of an 'endo episode' just saying its bad stomach ache!! when of course that is just boolacks! Its just so frustrating sometimes, I do feel a bit like a fraud but its so hard to explain that in fact its not stomach ache more like someone trying to rip my ovaries/bowel out with a rusty nail!!! How do others explain the wonderful world of endo???!!!! "




Debbie Downer? Possibly . . . but it's very informative for those who are interested. :)


;)

No comments:

Post a Comment