May 1, 2009

(in song) "Oh, what a beautiful morning..."

Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way.

What a wonderful way to start a day:
alarm goes off. Chris wakes me up to iron the shirt I said I would. I lay back down. Chris runs out of the bathroom panicking about needing a plunger. I tell him to check the other bathrooms. He still never found it. I peel my eyes open and make my way to iron his work shirt. I get done. I decide to stay awake. I swoosh open my curtains to let the morning light in. I open my blinds. I look out the window to get a good look at morning. A huge chunk of our tree is ripped off. I . . . "WHAT?! A huge chunk of our tree is laying on the ground. How?! Did it hit our house?! Did it land on anything that could get ruined?"

I go tell Chris and he nonchalantly says "yeah, it could happen. We had strong winds; I saw pics of trees like that on the news." So, I think, "maybe he didn't hear me correctly." So, I repeat, "A huge chunk IS on the ground." Then I realize that he just really isn't amused by the news.

When he finally makes his way back to our bedroom, he peers out the window and finally remarks, what I expected, "OH WOW!" (haha, "Exactly." is what I was thinking.)

We kiss goodbye. I brush my teeth. I unclogged the toilet. I walk down stairs. I wait for my coffee.

Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way.

lol. Hey, so I'm an optimist, okay? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment