February 2, 2013

Week 18: Sweet Potatoes and Birth Options

How far along?
18 weeks on 1/30/13!

How big are the twinkies?
 According to The Bump, the babies are approximately the size of:


How am I feeling?
Up and down and up and down with emotions and energy.  Oh, and constantly starving!!

Weight?
Surprisingly, I've gone down a pound.  That puts me at +3 . . . for now.  I really don't even know how that's possible!  I thought, for sure, I was going to go up an additional 2lbs, if not more.  Who knows!

What do I miss?
Nothing of importance this week.  I've already mentioned sleep and comfort; however, it's the price I am willing to continue to pay for these little babies!! :D

Symptoms?
Extreme hunger and thirst.  Numbing still happening in my thighs.  Pinch nerves around bulging disc, in lower back (along with clicking of the surrounding vertebrae —doesn't hurt; just sounds and feels gross.).  Mood swings (irritable and sensitive/emotional).  Dizzy spells —out of nowhere! (I probably look really silly when I frantically grab on to the closest stable thing, but I'm standing still and nothing looks "wrong" from the outside.  It's all in my head, literally.)

Annoyances?
Learning to 'let go' of how I'm used to doing certain tasks.  Before pregnancy, if I wanted something done a certain way, I'd just make sure to do it myself.  Now, however, I have to just let it go and be grateful for Chris's and Kryssa's full participation.  :)   I'm telling myself that it shouldn't matter how it gets done... just that it did get done and I wasn't the one that had to do it.

Cravings?
Uh, everything?!  lol  No, not really.  
Hard boiled eggs.  Greek yogurt with granola.  Nacho Cheese Doritos.  Fresh chocolate chip cookies. 

Highlights of the week?
Matching onesies we bought, in case we find out we are having two boys! 
We now have a gender-nuetral set and a boys' set.  All we need now is to find a cute little set for girls.

Chris and I met with an amazing midwife,  on Friday, Jan. 25, to discuss the possibility of a home birth!  (you can read more about it here.)

Belly watch






No comments:

Post a Comment