March 14, 2010

Lupron. 2nd shot Day 17

I haven't posted in a while . . .

I wasn't as scared the second time around.  I let KJ watch, hoping it would get her to realize that even mommy gets a little scared but I stay still and everything turns out just fine.  haha  She was covering her eyes and then she said she was going to "be brave" for me.  Right before my dad stuck me with the needle, she exclaimed "Oh no!  He's "adout" to shot you!!" she held my arm, with her little hands, and said, "okay mommy, hold very still, okay?"

Well, my dad wasn't as gentle the second time.  :(  No biggie.  my rear end was sore a bit more than the first time and I had a nasty knot for a few days...

The symptoms didn't hit as hard -I guess because it wasn't new to my body like it was the first time.

I am, however, bummed out a bit that it's day 17 and I have more discomfort this time than I did the first.  Or atleast, from what I remember.  Maybe I was sooo overwhelmed with excitement of the LACK of pain that the little discomfort didn't even phase me.  Now, maybe I'm just spoiled and greedy and the little discomfort stands out more?!  I don't know.  It's still waaaay better than what it used to be.  I'm still grateful.  I'm still enjoying my days.  AND I still haven't needed any pain meds!!! Praise God!!  :D

The hot flashes are still manageable -being super duper cold is probably still the strangest thing for me.  I've never really been one to be "freezing" so it is really strange for me still.  The mood swings are still manageable.  The sleepless nights . . . eh, not so enjoyable.  OH!  lol, I have to say that I have so much less leg hair but only on my left leg!!! lol  It's so funny!  I really wish it would balance out to the other leg too.  It would be awesome to loose more leg hair!!! lol --and arm hair . . . and facial hair too.  lol  ;)

The acne is interesting.  I thought my complexion was going to clear up . . . how did I misunderstand that?!  Maybe the acne is from stress of switching my 'career'?  who knows, but I really wish the zits would stay away!  or at least just come one at a time.

I'm thinking that I might move my next shot up one week.  Because one week before my last one was due I started getting real uncomfortable.  I know I'm not the doctor but I really do know my body . . . or at least I have up until now.  We'll see, I guess.  I just want to find a steady pain free way of being.

I'll try to update a bit more often this time around.

g'night

No comments:

Post a Comment