December 13, 2006

Oh me oh My!

So, I took Skylar to the vet again today for some of her regular meds.  Well, the way it went is like this . . .
I could have just gone to pick up meds but because she isn't even four months old -she is still growing like crazy and in order to get the correct dose of her meds -they needed to weigh her so I HAD to take her w/ me.  It wouldn't have been all that crazy but she barely fits in our car!!  I had to put her in the front seat because Kryssa's car seat is in the middle back seat, which allows no room for Skylar (unless Kryssa gets trampled over by the dog -Uh uh) so the only other place was the front seat.  Kryssa had to go w/ me there was no other way.  Well, Skylar barely fit on the seat and it was driving me nuts!!  Well, I knew she was still growing and gaining weight because trying to get her in the car today nearly took all the entire day's worth of energy. 
So, when I finally make it passed the doors at Pet Medical Center, we weigh her and they tell me she weighs 32lbs!!!  Geez!!  I was thinking that she would be getting close to 30 but not over 30!!!  Well, she will be five months on the 17th and I really have no idea how we are going to keep up w/ this dog.  She just has sooooo much more growing to do . . .
It was a CRAZY day.  Kryssa and I had to wake up at 6:30am w/ Chris to take him to work to keep the car.  Then we came home and I did some laundry and took care of some business over the phone.  By that time it was already 11am and Kryssa was fast asleep on the floor by where I was sitting.  I moved her upstairs, to my bed and then dealt w/ our nutty dog for a while.  Um, I had so much to do; but by the time it was 'wake up' time for Kryssa, I realized that she had a potty accident on my bed!  Ah!  So, I HAD to wake her up to clean up the mess and then I bathed her and dressed her and I had everything ready to go when the dog decided that she needed to go tinkle . . . so, I tell Kryssa to wait in the house while I took Skylar out.  Once that was done it was another adventure getting the dog situated in the car while Kryssa was fussing for juice and snack. 
We take care of everything at the vet and then make our way back home -in traffic.  It was supposed to be a quick -in the house, let Skylar go potty and then back out.  Well, I took Skylar "out" and from outside, I heard Kryssa say "oh no!".  When I get inside, I see her coming towards me waddling like some kind of monkey saying "pee pee mommy!".  SHE TINKLED IN HER PANTIES!!  Which also means that her freshly bathed body and freshly ironed outfit only lasted about an hour and a half or so before I had to clean her up and change her bottoms, socks and shoes!  I was really bothered by it all.  Of all days to have accidents -her little body chose today.  She rarely -RARELY has accidents and then today it just happened that she had a whole 3 months worth of accidents all in the same day . . .
Well, then I realize how behind schedule I am -I figure I might as well just give Skylar her meds, that was the whole reason we took the trip to the vet in the first place.  So, that took me about 45 mins because Skylar kept spitting out the little pills . . .grrr!  So, I come up w/ a wonderful idea of smothering everything in peanut butter -a dog owners best friend!  Dogs love it and it is perfectly fine for them to eat it.  So, I had to break up 3 pills into fours -I poked my peanut buttery fingers in her mouth about 20 times, literally because 12 of those were for each of those little pieces of pill I broke apart.  She finally got it all down and then I washed up and got on the road again. 
I took Kryssa to Grandma's house and then got to sit for only about 30 mins or so before I had to head out in traffice, once more.  I had to be at rehearsal at 7pm.  From 7-8, we worked w/ the kids choir and then from 8pm - 10:45pm or so I was singing/rehearsing.  My voice, tonight, is soooooo extremely tired!  I really need some vocal rest tomorrow; but how is that really possible w/ a almost 4 months old puppy and a 2 year old child!?
I can't believe the show is just a couple of days away . . .  This weeks is just flying by.  I am really ready, now, to go snuggle w/ my honey and get some nice rest.  My body has been going going goin since 6:30 this morning- definitely not what I'm used to . . .
Nighty night

No comments:

Post a Comment