January 28, 2013

Week 17: Onions and Hips

How far along?
17 weeks on 1/23/13!

How big are the twinkies?
 According to The Bump, the babies are approximately the size of:
 
How am I feeling?
 Very happy and excited.  LOVING feeling these babies move every chance I get.  I'm getting super anxious about the gender reveal coming up on Feb 9.

Weight?
Still at +4lbs.  I'm pretty sure, though, after this week, it will change.  We shall see...

What do I miss?
Sleeping on my belly!!!  There have been several moments where I think I'm just going to face plant into my pillow —and then remember that I actually CAN'T because I can't lay on my belly.  I've actually been forgetting that I have a baby belly and can't lay on it anymore.  It's crazy and it messes with my mind! lol

Symptoms?
My hips sure don't lie (corny, I know).  They are definitely preparing to birth two babies.  It's crazy how achy they are.  
My back seems to not be struggling with the bulging disc problem, that started last year, it's just struggling with the new tilt/shift from the growing belly.  
Much less endo episodes!
Braxton Hicks started already.  (I freaked out at first, since I went into preterm labor, at 25 weeks, with KJ; but then I learned that it is actually common with a twin pregnancy, to get Braxton Hicks earlier.)

Annoyances?
My hips... and my weird nerve in my back that doesn't cause pain, just causes the numbness and icy cold feeling on my left thigh.

Cravings?
Hard boiled eggs.  Greek yogurt.  Bananas.  Cantaloupe.  Spaghetti and meat sauce.

Highlights of the week?
We are basically finished with the crafting portion of the reveal party prep.  All we really need is to purchase the edible items.  We are in serious count-down mode!
I can feel the twinkies make all sort of movements.  It feels like they are turning and flipping, and the usual limb-spasms.  :)

Belly watch

No comments:

Post a Comment