March 27, 2009

He's definitely an AMAZING man!

I've always wished for a day like this --but it always seemed too far fetched... Definitely the first time I've experienced. I just have to share what a (more than) wonderful thing that my hubby did for me today. This is a day I will always remember --how he put on my work shirt and 'walked in my shoes' for a few hours.

I got super sick (stomach virus, I believe) early this morning (2am) and at 7:30am, I sent my boss a text letting her know the news. She was scheduled off and that would leave me, one of our reg. staff members, and then an employee from another location, that was coming in to help -since my boss was taking the day off. Here's the problem, that place can't be run by just one person for the first two hours . . . 60 kids, one employee?! I don't think so!

Well, I casually asked my hubby, this morning at 7:30am, as I was miserable in bed, if he would want to go in for me for the one hour that I was being asked to work --even though my boss new my condition, someone really needed to be there to open and help get everything started. Originally I was just asked to work one hour but then the same thought occurred to my boss -if Chris wanted to go in for me. She sent me a text asking, in a joking manner, if he would go in and work for me -for two hours, but then started throwing in incentives if he really were to go in for me . . . He never said no and then even admitted that he was considering it.

Long story short, my wonderful, amazing, loving, husband had already called in to his work, this morning at 7:45am, to watch Kryssa -so I could get the rest I needed, since I was up all night sick from my stomach (I thought I was going to end up in the ER because of the horrible pain in the pit of my stomach!)- Well, by 12:30pm he was putting on a work shirt of mine (unisex, of course! ha ha) and he did my usual routine of bathing Kryssa, getting her dressed -teeth brushed, hair done, etc.- and walking out the door to drive 35 mins to my place of work to go take care of approx 60 after schoolers (and our daughter)! It's my everyday routine Monday through Friday and he actually, willingly, went and covered my shift for me!!! He 'walked in my shoes' -for a whole 2 hrs! I just couldn't believe it. At first, I thought I was going to wake up and tell him of this crazy dream I had. But no, it was sooooo real! :) I don't know how much more I can fall in love w/ him . . . love him . . . appreciate him . . . for alllll that he is and does. He was such a blessing today. I just still can't believe he did that for me today.

I enjoyed hearing the little stories he shared w/ me about what went on w/ the kids at work, just like I share w/ him about my day.

To top it all off, he even came home w/ lemonade and soups for me! Ah, I love him and I'm feeling much much better tonight. :)

What a day to remember...


-mm

No comments:

Post a Comment