November 24, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I'm soooo excited!! Chris put up some of the Christmas lights about a week ago -and, since Thanksgiving, we've been turning them on --we have them connected to a box that syncs (sp?) the lights to music and it's basically a mini light show. It's so much fun to listen and watch!! :D

Our Thanksgiving was soooo wonderful. It was our first year that we had a small get together. It was just the 3 of us and my FIL. So, it was different -but quite memorable. Chris cooked the majority and that was the "bestest" part!! :D He picked some Rachel Ray recipes for mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, and gravy ---Mmmmmmm!!! It was all sooooo very delicious. I have some pics that I should post, huh?! :D

Oh, I don't know if I've already put this in blog -but we finally finished painting all of downstairs -we had our living and dining room painting and we just recently (about 2 wks ago) painted our kitchen and breakfast/"classroom" area. It's so exciting. Everything is going very well and we have been soooo blessed- just with little things here and there -and spending some wonderful family and hubby/wifey time together. It's a wonderful "calm" (and rainbow) after the storm. :)

OH!! And we just got back from purchasing a fresh tree --it's our first fresh tree together (being married and even as a family, of course ;) ). So, it's actually still tied on the roof of our car. LOL, it was so exciting for me to be driving down the roads with a tree on our car --lol, I'm a goober, I know, ha ha. The funniest part, I think, was when we climbed out of the car like a circus act: the tree is tied around the roof of the car --of course--but that means that all the doors, except for the driver's door, is tied shut!! lol So, Chris gets out of his door and then Kryssa climbs out of the same door and then I came out too!! I can only imagine how that looked . . . the whole family climbing out of one door!! lol!!

So, we are just relaxing before bringing the tree in and then after we do that -we will go and purchase some lights and a couple more items to add to our collection of ornaments. We are all so excited. Oh, Chris may be more excited due to just receiving an iPod Touch from his Dad!!! How crazy is that?! He got an early Christmas gift, I guess. I have a feeling he's still going to get something from his dad on Christmas . . .

I bought a "sit 'n spin" for the kids and Kryssa is busy spinning away -she LOVES it- while I type out my exciting update of how wonderful everything is going for us right now -Praise God- and while Chris plays with his new "toy" (his iPod Touch).

Last but not least, I guess I can add that Chris bought me 2 new winter tops --the one I'm wearing right now is soooo super duper comfy . . . I'm LOVING WINTER!!!!!!!

--okay, we're going to cut the tree off of our car now . . . ha ha, I'll let you know how that goes . . .

have a wonderful 'rest of the weekend'!!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment